Arts Learning grants support projects that:
- Expand opportunities for K-12 students to learn in and through the arts, producing measurable learning outcomes;
- Provide professional development opportunities so Oregon’s teaching artists, teachers and administrators increase their knowledge about the value of the arts in student learning; and
- Include sustained and substantive interactions with students over time, rather than single events or stand-alone activities.
Requests for Arts Learning Grants may include support for the following:
- Regional or statewide work with schools and communities to develop, implement and deliver substantive arts education projects for students and teachers;
- Professional development for teachers including conferences and workshops; and/or
- Meaningful out-of-school work that takes place as part of an extended school day program, during vacation periods or in community organizations.