Career Opportunity Grants support individual Oregon artists by enabling them to take advantage of unique opportunities to enhance their careers through the development of arts, business or professional skills; expanded marketing capacity and/or the further development of the nature or quality of their artwork. The following list, while not including all potential activities for which support may be used, illustrates the range of activities for which artists may request support:
- Travel associated with an imminent, specific professional artistic opportunity (with costs calculated at most economical and direct route);
- An exceptional opportunity for advanced study with a significant master or mentor (outside of a classroom setting and not related to any degree program);
- Professional fees and services for a specific opportunity (i.e. a photographer to document work);
- Rental of equipment, instruments, or working space in response to a unique artistic opportunity;
- Materials to complete work scheduled for a gallery exhibition, performance or publication, etc., that will have a significant impact on the artist’s career; and
- Preparation, freight and shipping costs associated with an exhibition or presentation of the applicant’s work.
Grant amounts may range from $300 to $1,500. Collaboration with The Ford Family Foundation provides additional resources for mid-career visual artists through this same application and review process.