The Oregon Arts Commission established the Cultural Tourism Grants to support projects and partnerships that positively impact arts-based cultural tourism activities. This effort advances the Commission’s long-range plan calling for stronger links between the arts, culture, the tourism industry and local economic development. This grant program supports activities undertaken by arts or tourism groups – and especially projects in which both groups collaborate – designed to increase tourism motivated entirely or in part by the arts-related offerings of a community or region.
The Oregon Arts Commission’s Cultural Tourism Grants support arts-centered projects designed to address one or more of the following goals. Projects should:
- Increase cultural tourism by non-residents thereby increasing the economic impact to communities, regions and the state;
- Increase cultural tourism by Oregonians thereby increasing the economic impact to communities,regions and the state; and
- Enhance an existing cultural tourism product in order to significantly increase the economic impact to communities, regions and the state.
Cultural Tourism Grants may be used to implement cultural tourism projects designed to attract cultural tourists and have a measurable economic impact. Grants may support the following:
- Target marketing for arts and cultural events and activities designed to attract visitors;
- The development of packages or special promotions for arts and cultural tourism activities; and
- The development of new uses of media and technology for arts and cultural tourism activities.